'Openpose' for human pose estimation have been implemented using Tensorflow. It also provides several variants that have made some changes to the network structure for real-time processing on the CPU or low-power embedded devices.
You can even run this on your macbook with descent FPS!
Original Repo(Caffe) : https://github.com/CMU-Perceptual-Computing-Lab/openpose
|CMU's Original Model
on Macbook Pro 15"
on Macbook Pro 15"
on Jetson TX2
|~0.6 FPS||~4.2 FPS @ 368x368||~10 FPS @ 368x368|
|2.8GHz Quad-core i7||2.8GHz Quad-core i7||Jetson TX2 Embedded Board|
Implemented features are listed here : features
2018.5.21 Post-processing part is implemented in c++. It is required compiling the part. See: https://github.com/ildoonet/tf-pose-estimation/tree/master/src/pafprocess 2018.2.7 Arguments in run.py script changed. Support dynamic input size.
You need dependencies below.
- tensorflow 1.4.1+
- opencv3, protobuf, python3-tk
- I copied from the above git repo to modify few things.
$ git clone https://www.github.com/ildoonet/tf-openpose $ cd tf-openpose $ pip3 install -r requirements.txt
I have tried multiple variations of models to find optmized network architecture. Some of them are below and checkpoint files are provided for research purpose.
- the model based VGG pretrained network which described in the original paper.
- I converted Weights in Caffe format to use in tensorflow.
- pretrained weight download
- Same architecture as the cmu version except for the depthwise separable convolution of mobilenet.
- I trained it using 'transfer learning', but it provides not-enough speed and accuracy.
- Based on the mobilenet paper, 12 convolutional layers are used as feature-extraction layers.
- To improve on small person, minor modification on the architecture have been made.
- Three models were learned according to network size parameters.
- 368x368 : checkpoint weight download
- I published models which is not the best ones, but you can test them before you trained a model from the scratch.
Download Tensorflow Graph File(pb file)
Before running demo, you should download graph files. You can deploy this graph on your mobile or other platforms.
- cmu (trained in 656x368)
- mobilenet_thin (trained in 432x368)
CMU's model graphs are too large for git, so I uploaded them on an external cloud. You should download them if you want to use cmu's original model. Download scripts are provided in the model folder.
$ cd models/graph/cmu $ bash download.sh
Macbook Pro i5 3.1G
|Coco||cmu||10.0s @ 368x368||OOM @ 368x368
5.5s @ 320x240
|Coco||dsconv||1.10s @ 368x368|
|Coco||mobilenet_accurate||0.40s @ 368x368||0.18s @ 368x368|
|Coco||mobilenet||0.24s @ 368x368||0.10s @ 368x368|
|Coco||mobilenet_fast||0.16s @ 368x368||0.07s @ 368x368|
You can test the inference feature with a single image.
$ python3 run.py --model=mobilenet_thin --resize=432x368 --image=../images/p1.jpg
The image flag MUST be relative to the src folder with no "~", i.e:
Then you will see the screen as below with pafmap, heatmap, result and etc.
$ python3 run_webcam.py --model=mobilenet_thin --resolution=432x368 --camera=0
Then you will see the realtime webcam screen with estimated poses as below. This Realtime Result was recored on macbook pro 13" with 3.1Ghz Dual-Core CPU.
This pose estimator provides simple python classes that you can use in your applications.
e = TfPoseEstimator(get_graph_path(args.model), target_size=(w, h)) humans = e.inference(image) image = TfPoseEstimator.draw_humans(image, humans, imgcopy=False)
See : etcs/ros.md
See : etcs/training.md
 Training Codes : https://github.com/ZheC/Realtime_Multi-Person_Pose_Estimation
 Custom Caffe by Openpose : https://github.com/CMU-Perceptual-Computing-Lab/caffe_train
 Keras Openpose : https://github.com/michalfaber/keras_Realtime_Multi-Person_Pose_Estimation
 Keras Openpose2 : https://github.com/kevinlin311tw/keras-openpose-reproduce
Lifting from the deep
 Arxiv Paper : https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.00295
 Original Paper : https://arxiv.org/abs/1704.04861
 Pretrained model : https://github.com/tensorflow/models/blob/master/slim/nets/mobilenet_v1.md
 Tensorpack : https://github.com/ppwwyyxx/tensorpack
 Optimize graph : https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/tensorflow-for-poets-2