SIMON is a powerful, flexible, open-source and easy to use knowledge discovery application. Check out live demo or maybe better, view screenshots.
SIMON implements machine learning (autoML) and statistical data discovery features that will help you to illustrate dynamic relationships and provide you with a structural sense of your data.
Goal of this project is to make user interface that will empower scientists, makers and others to extract meaningful information from their data and enable them to rapidly use and quickly prototype with different machine learning algorithms. At the end
It gives you freedom and control over your own models.
genular is an entirely open source organization, if you wish to learn more visit us here
Why is this so cool?
📁feature discovery you can discover relevant trends and patterns inside your data with ease, that would usually take years of manual handcrafting 💹automated machine learning automation of machine learning process 📦exploratory data analysis visual analysis of automated machine learning results will give you instant insights with help of many different visualization algorithms 🔄sharing is caring you can share your results with others, deploy your models instantly* (in progress) or download your data for external use 🔐privacy and security hosting
SIMONon your own dedicated servers or laptop you don't have to worry about someone else is looking after your data and your models
Current version features
- 200+ machine learning algorithms to choose from
- nicely designed drag&drop user interface to easily apply data modeling techniques
- supports high sparsity data via imputation or mulset
- supports local and cloud backend data storage
- compare all model performance measures in one place
- visual data analysis that supports clustering and correlation graphs
- visual feature analysis with dot-plots that supports 280 visual styles
- visual model performance comparison and model insights
- in-build data preprocessing (correlation filtering, normalization, imputation...)
- public dataset repository import to easily import and analyze already published data* (in progress)
- integrated SAM (Significance Analysis of Microarrays) technique for finding significant genes in a set of microarray experiments
- supports translation to multiple languages
- model export take your models and associated data with you on the go
This section describes the process of pulling a pre-built version of
SIMON from DockerHub.
If you are beginner or you wish to quickly check it out this is recommended way to start
SIMON. This can also be very handy for developers for development without polluting the host machine.
SIMON source code includes a Dockerfile.
- Docker (
version 17.05or later is required)
- Docker Windows installation tutorial
- Docker Windows direct download
Running SIMON Docker Container
In order to run a test instance of
SIMON we first need to prepare the environment.
If you finished installing Docker please continue to following steps.
Lets pull the genular/simon image from DockerHub.
Then we will run
SIMON with appropriately mounted volumes and port mapping. By default
SIMON will run with a Docker Volume file-system inside of it.
Please open your favorite Terminal and run the command below.
- If on Windows - open
Windows Power Shell
If you wish to get correct time, replace TZ= with your timezone. You can find list of supported timezones here
docker run --rm --detach --name genular --tty --interactive --env IS_DOCKER='true' --env TZ=America/Los_Angeles --volume genular_data:/mnt/usrdata --publish 3010:3010 --publish 3011:3011 --publish 3012:3012 --publish 3013:3013 genular/simon:0.1.0
Once command is executed and the
SIMON is started you can access it on
http://localhost:3010 and create your account.
- If you get asked please allow connections through your Windows Firewall.
To run latest code that is in master branch, please use following docker image
SIMON will now run until you shutdown/restart your machine or stop it manually.
To manually stop
SIMON container please type following command:
docker stop genular
When you wish to start and use
SIMON again please type-in docker run command from above, again!
To delete all data and reset
SIMON to factory defaults you need to clear data inside volume you configured.
If you used default run configuration please execute following command:
docker volume rm genular_data
If you believe you don't have necessarily skills to install
SIMON, you could always ask a friend to help you or check out our demo
Please do not post usage questions to GitHub Issues pages. For these types of questions use our forum
Submitting Bugs and Enhancements
GitHub Issues is for suggesting enhancements and reporting bugs. We appreciate all enhancements ideas and bug reports. Additionally if you think you can help us with suggesting new useful features we will gladly accept it. Here you can find bug report template and feature request template.
Contributing, writing code
Contributions are very much welcome!
If you need any help, please contact us via email.
- Check out our public issues board. If your issue isn't on the board, open a new one.
- Pick an issue that nobody has claimed and start working on it.
- Fork the project (Need help forking a project?). You'll do all of your work on your forked copy.
- Create a branch specific to the issue or feature you are working on. Push your work on that branch (Need help with branching?).
- Name the branch something like
xxxis a short description of the changes or feature you are adding.
- Once your code is ready, submit a pull request from your branch to SIMON
masterbranch. We'll do a quick review and give you feedback.
Places to Help
We're looking for contributors! In addition to contributing, optimizing and reviewing code, writing bug and feature requests you can help with following:
|Project||How To Help||Next Step|
|Localization||Help us translate
||Join our Translation Community|
|Tutorials||Help others use and understand
||Write a tutorial or record it, with usage examples|
|Organizing||Ask clarifying questions on recently opened GitHub issues to move the discussion forward||Here|
|Write article||Help other understand what is Machine Learning & how can they apply it, by publishing blog post||e-mail us|
Firefox Quantum 64 or above. As much as we like other browsers we are focusing here to primary provide support for open source ones.
If you'd like to start a conversation feel free to e-mail us. I would also gladly like to hear from you if you find this project useful and helpful!
- Join us on
freenode.net(or use the web client).
- Find us on Twitter under @genular
- Check out community forums
If you discover a security vulnerability within
SIMON, please e-mail us. All security vulnerabilities will be promptly addressed. You are also welcome to open PR request.
|File an issue||https://github.com/genular/simon-frontend/issues|
SIMON is open-source software for more informations please check
This software can be used for research purposes, you should cite the aforementioned papers in any resulting publication.
Adriana Tomic, Ivan Tomic, Yael Rosenberg-Hasson, Cornelia L. Dekker, Holden T. Maecker, Mark M. Davis. SIMON, an automated machine learning system reveals immune signatures of influenza vaccine responses. Preprint available from bioRxiv 545186 doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/545186