ChosunTruck is an autonomous driving solution for Euro Truck Simulator 2. Recently, autonomous driving technology has become a big issue and as a result we have been studying technology that incorporates this. It is being developed in a simulated environment called Euro Truck Simulator 2 to allow us to study it using vehicles. We chose Euro Truck Simulator 2 because this simulator provides a good test environment that is similar to the real road.
- You can drive a vehicle without handling it yourself.
- You can understand the principles of autonomous driving.
- (Experimental/Linux only) You can detect where other vehicles are.
How To Run It
OS: Windows 7, 10 (64bit)
IDE: Visual Studio 2013, 2015
OpenCV version: >= 3.1
Cuda Toolkit 7.5 (Note: Do an ADVANCED INSTALLATION. ONLY install the Toolkit + Integration to Visual Studio. Do NOT install the drivers + other stuff it would normally give you. Once installed, your project properties should look like this: https://i.imgur.com/e7IRtjy.png)
If you have a problem during installation, look at our Windows Installation wiki page
Required to allow input to work in Windows:
- Go to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles and edit controls.sii from
config_lines: "device keyboard `di8.keyboard`" config_lines: "device mouse `fusion.mouse`"
config_lines: "device keyboard `sys.keyboard`" config_lines: "device mouse `sys.mouse`"
- While you are in controls.sii, make sure your sensitivity is set to:
config_lines: "constant c_rsteersens 0.775000" config_lines: "constant c_asteersens 4.650000"
- Set controls.sii to read-only
- Open the visual studio project and build it.
- Run ETS2 in windowed mode and set resolution to 1024 * 768.(It will work properly with 1920 * 1080 screen resolution and 1024 * 768 window mode ETS2.)
OS: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
(Optional) Tensorflow version: >= 0.12.1
Build the source code with the following command (inside the linux directory).
If you want the car detection function then:
- Run ETS2 in windowed mode and set its resolution to 1024 * 768. (It will work properly with 1920 * 1080 screen resolution and 1024 * 768 windowed mode ETS2)
- It cannot find the ETS2 window automatically. Move the ETS2 window to the right-down corner to fix this.
- In ETS2 Options, set controls to 'Keyboard + Mouse Steering', 'left click' to acclerate, and 'right click' to brake.
- Go to a highway and set the truck's speed to 40~60km/h. (I recommend you turn on cruise mode to set the speed easily)
- Run this program!
To enable car detection mode, add -D or --Car_Detection.
See Our wiki page.
If you have some problems running this project, reference the demo video below. Or, open a issue to contact our team.
Lane Detection (Youtube link)
Lane Detection + Vehicle Detection (Youtube link)
- For better detection performance, Change the Tensorbox to YOLO2.
- The information from in-game screen have Restrictions. Read ETS2 process memory to collect more driving environment data.
How To Contribute
Anyone who is interested in this project is welcome! Just fork it and pull requests!
ChosunTruck, Euro Truck Simulator 2 auto driving solution Copyright (C) 2017 chi3236, bethesirius, uoyssim
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.