Apache CarbonData is an indexed columnar data store solution for fast analytics on big data platform, e.g.Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
You can find the latest CarbonData document and learn more at: http://carbondata.apache.org
CarbonData file format is a columnar store in HDFS, it has many features that a modern columnar format has, such as splittable, compression schema ,complex data type etc, and CarbonData has following unique features:
- Stores data along with index: it can significantly accelerate query performance and reduces the I/O scans and CPU resources, where there are filters in the query. CarbonData index consists of multiple level of indices, a processing framework can leverage this index to reduce the task it needs to schedule and process, and it can also do skip scan in more finer grain unit (called blocklet) in task side scanning instead of scanning the whole file.
- Operable encoded data :Through supporting efficient compression and global encoding schemes, can query on compressed/encoded data, the data can be converted just before returning the results to the users, which is "late materialized".
- Supports for various use cases with one single Data format : like interactive OLAP-style query, Sequential Access (big scan), Random Access (narrow scan).
CarbonData is built using Apache Maven, to build CarbonData
- What is CarbonData
- Quick Start
- Use Cases
- Language Reference
- CarbonData Data Definition Language
- CarbonData Data Manipulation Language
- CarbonData Streaming Ingestion
- Configuring CarbonData
- DataMap Developer Guide
- Data Types
- CarbonData DataMap Management
- CarbonData BloomFilter DataMap
- CarbonData Lucene DataMap
- CarbonData Pre-aggregate DataMap
- CarbonData Timeseries DataMap
- SDK Guide
- C++ SDK Guide
- Performance Tuning
- S3 Storage
- Carbon as Spark's Datasource
Other Technical Material
Fork and Contribute
This is an active open source project for everyone, and we are always open to people who want to use this system or contribute to it. This guide document introduce how to contribute to CarbonData.
To get involved in CarbonData:
- First join by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org,then you can discuss issues by emailing to email@example.com or visit http://apache-carbondata-mailing-list-archive.1130556.n5.nabble.com
- Report issues on Apache Jira.
Apache CarbonData is an open source project of The Apache Software Foundation (ASF).